Google
 
Web Rants Raves and Intriguing Topics

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Wire Taps

This has been going around and around for quite a while now. The whole situation with President Bush having the secret domestic phone taps put on all over-seas calls. Which could, and has, created the need for more traces done on calls within the U.S. depending on what is found in any over-seas conversations that could be questionable.

I really don't see what everyone is so upset about. Yes, technically it's probably an invasion of privacy. If someone wants to listen in on my phone calls and try to pick out key words like Bomb, President or key locations around the U.S., Feel free. I have nothing to hide. In fact they'd find it pretty boring to listen to me talk with my nearly 2-year-old daughter over the phone.

Here's the thing. A very well known president once said, "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." This is true more now than it was back 200 + years ago. The author of this quote was Thomas Jefferson.

I'm curious how others feel about this situation of the government wire taps. My personal opinion as I said before, is that I have nothing to hide. If there's a chance that further attacks on innocent Americans can be stopped because of the wiretaps, go for it. I'd like to know truly how many people are outraged about the wire-taps. Sometimes it looks like the news broadcasters are looking for reasons to create a sensational story, along with those politicians looking to get their faces and names in the paper and on the TV screens.

As for politics and politicians, I'll have more to say on that tomorrow. Please let me know your thoughts on this one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home