Google
 
Web Rants Raves and Intriguing Topics

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Politics...

I try to pay as little attention to politics as possible. In general it appears that the majority of those involved in politics are in the game for themselves, rather than really making a difference for the people they represent. You hear more and more of the corruption and the mud-slinging in the news every day and it just makes me ill. I really feel for those politicians who really do care and want to make a difference. They appear to be in the minority. How unfortunate...

As I think about it, that's why I don't like watching television during the election seasons. All the mud-slinging just gets out of hand. I never get to really know who stands for what during the broadcasts, I end up having to do my own research to get the real story and read between the lines to get it there as well.

When it comes to the negative comments flying back and forth to tear one candidate down or the other, it reminds me of something my parents used to say to me often as a child. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I think this phrase would be the ultimate to putting an end to mud-slinging. Could you imagine a candidate getting blasted during a debate and when it's his turn to speak calmly addresses the microphone with this: "When I was growing up as a young boy, my parents taught me something very valuable. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. So in response to my opponent as to his character, I have nothing to say. As to the issues at hand, I have positive responses to his negativity."

I'm curious if in our society he would be considered a hero, or would be ostracized for not "playing the game". I hate politics.

I suppose if I followed the lessons that my parents told me I wouldn't even be writing this rants and raves page. So I guess I've said more than enough about this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home