Google
 
Web Rants Raves and Intriguing Topics

Friday, March 17, 2006

Straying from the negative...

I've found myself falling into the very traps that I despise. I'm not a big fan of watching the news, mostly because of the fact that 95% of it is all bad. The only time you hear the nice news is at the very end of the broadcast, where heroic person risked life and limb to save a cat or dog from an untimely demise.

The news is setup this way for one reason and one reason only. It's a business. Businesses are supposed to make money. The televised and type written news is a part of a business to make money. So how does reporting the news make money? Ratings. To get ratings, people have to watch it. This is where sensationalism comes into play. If there are no burning buildings, horrific homicides or natural disasters, it's time for the news to make something small seem like a HUGE problem...

I don't like it... I'd like to be given the facts and be allowed to draw my own conclusions from those facts.

In the spirit of this, I'm going to tone down on the ranting and the raving. I'd like to shift focus to issues that are more enlightening and more fun. It may not get me ratings, but what do I care? I don't get paid for blogging. This is all for fun anyway...

Stay tuned for some fun topics...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home